Miller Urban Consulting provides urban planning and design services to help create sustainable, equitable communities with a high quality of urban life. Our expertise includes:
- Master planning and site planning: Our staff includes experienced urban planning and design professionals with experience in zoning (performance-based, form-based, inclusionary, and TOD). We want to help your city or your project conform its land use to the highest and best use standard.
- Public policy and federal funding: Our staff has extensive expertise in helping organizations win federal funds and implement federal programs with the resulting allocations. We have participated in Community Development Block Grant and Low-Income Housing Tax Credit applications, transportation access and impact studies, real estate market analysis (housing and commercial), and economic development cluster analysis.
- Community outreach and engagement: We have extensive experience in the provision of community engagement, outreach, and empowerment in urban planning and design processes. See our Community Engagement Services page for more detail.
- GIS and mapping services: We provide mapping services for planning projects, non-profits, and public sector entities. See our GIS and Mapping Services page for more detail.
- Hazard mitigation and disaster recovery planning: We provide mapping and research services for FEMA multi-hazard mitigation planning processes and consult on grant applications for and use of disaster recovery funds for restoring neighborhood health.
- Urban resilience: We also provide holistic urban resilience consulting for neighborhoods and cities engaged in reimagining their economies, real estate markets, and social stability in the face of global economic, environmental, and social change. Our approach to urban resilience encompasses opportunities in the built environment, education, infrastructure, and economic development arenas. We help communities develop a unified vision for the future.